Virtual New Family Orientation
Greetings Spartan families,
I want to welcome you to the 2020-21 academic year at Great Hearts Western Hills. I’ll even start by addressing the elephant in the room… this year is going to be unlike any other. Below you will find links to our uniform requirements, school supply lists, and other vital information to prep for the first day of school, August 12, 2020.
We believe that student and staff safety is paramount, as is fulfilling our mission to cultivate the minds and hearts of students through the pursuit of Truth, Goodness, and Beauty. We will navigate our way through these times with perseverance, optimism, and friendship.Although I don’t have all the answers at this time, I do want to write to let you know that our teachers are preparing for students, both in-person and virtual, and that we’re up to this challenge.I hope you have a restful and memorable end to the “summer” and look forward to sending more communication as it becomes available. Please join us on July 27th to learn more. Here is the link to the town hall: click HERE.
Click here for our 20-21 welcome video
- All Great Hearts students will now start the academic year (on August 12) via remote learning. The city of San Antonio will not allow in person instruction prior to September 7th.
- All Great Hearts students will need uniforms for remote learning. GHWH requires uniform polos during school (no spirit shirts).
Here are our uniform vendors:
- All students will need school supplies – even during remote learning. Click here for the school supply list by grade.
- All students will still need to obtain their appropriate grade level “Classics to Keep”. Please find the list of the Classics to Keep via this link.
- Masks – Please refer to the email that went out from Great Hearts Texas last Friday, July 17th for specifics about non-pop culture masks when the time comes for in-person instruction.
- Make sure your child has received their current immunizations for the school year. Please make sure you submit your updated shot record into the school nurse. Should you have any questions regarding your child’s shot record, please email our school nurse.
- If you are not receiving our school newsletter (or other campus email communication), please click here and send us your email address along with your child’s name and we will add you to the campus newsletter email list.
- The Great Hearts District has requested, as much as possible, for staff to office remotely. If you need to contact the school, please call: (210) 888-9488. If someone does not answer, please leave a voicemail. Voicemail messages are received remotely and someone will return you call. Please know that the returned call may come from an “anonymous” phone number on your caller ID. You may also reach the admin staff via email.
- The 20-21 Community Investment campaign is ongoing. We encourage all families to participate. You may do so through this link. We ask parents to invest in your child’s education; 100% of what you donate, stays at our campus. (We are a non-profit 501(c)3 – inquire with your company to see if they do non-profit gift matching!) For more information about our Community Investment campaign, please reach out to Crystal Amaro.