As a Spartan parent or guardian, you join a community of like-minded families dedicated to the success of Great Hearts Western Hills and its students. You can find details and volunteer opportunities on the Official PSO Website. Or email the PSO leadership directly with your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org (new email coming soon!).
To volunteer, you must either attend this year’s Volunteer Training session or take the linked online course, then complete all attached forms linked below:
- Volunteer Interest Form
- Online Background Check
- Confidentiality Form (complete and email to email@example.com)
How can I support Great Hearts Western Hills through the PSO?
We invite you to explore the many ways you can be involved in shaping the educational experience of our students. So get involved! No matter your talent or schedule, your help will make a difference!
- Whether regularly or one-time
- Whether from home or at school
- Days, evenings, or weekends
What volunteer opportunities are available?
Community Support: The PSO assists our school community in various ways, including the planning of co-curricular events, the supply and distribution of Spartan Gear, and library drives, to name a few.
Faculty Support: The PSO provides faculty support in various ways, including faculty luncheons, teacher appreciation, assistance in book distribution, copying, and front desk support.
Volunteers help our school run! Keep an eye out for volunteer requests in the weekly newsletter and on the PSO website. You can sign up there as well!
We value your support and commitment to our community!
2023-2024 PSO Leadership & Committees
Lower School President – Jess Vidal
VP of Lower School – Liza Valverde
Upper School President – Raquel Bourne
VP of US, Treasurer – Melissa Sauceda
Room Parent Coordinator – Jess Vidal
Lunch Room Coordinator – Raquel Bourne
Athletics Volunteer Coordinator – Michelle Gonzalez
Teacher Luncheon Coordinator – Emily Esparza
Box Tops Coordinator – Vivian Jones
Care and Concern Committee – Kimberly Underdown
Used Uniform Committee – Crystal Amaro
Safety Committee – Mike Valverde
Fiesta Committee – Yvette Luna
2023-2024 Academy Advisory Committee
The Academy Advisory Committee (AAC) is a volunteer group unique to each Great Hearts Texas academy. Click here for more information.
The below parents and faculty are members on this year’s AAC who meet quarterly with the leadership of both schools to discuss campus facilities, security, culture, and more. These meetings are open, while attendees may not add to the conversation during their observation.
If you would like for something to be brought to the discussion of an AAC meeting, you may contact one of the AAC members below:
- Alberto Alvarado – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jackie Aguilar – email@example.com
- Victor Augustin – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stephanie Acuna-Mendez – email@example.com
- Kristi Hooke – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rachel Staffel – email@example.com
- Chris Via – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elisa Veliz – email@example.com
- Alexandra Van – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lizette Yanes – email@example.com
- Faculty – Carolyn Dionne – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty – Kristin Pickett – Kristin.Pickett@greatheartstxschools.org